Germany is in need of immigration. Approximately 250,000 skilled employees are currently needed in Germany, according to research conducted by the Central Association of German Crafts. Fewer people are entering the workforce, and the elderly population is rising. The labor shortage scenario is just growing worse.
Initial information regarding Germany’s newly proposed system was released by Federal Labor Minister Hubertus Heil. The Minister stated in an interview with a newspaper in Germany, that “the new immigration system – the Opportunity Card (Chancenkarte) – will make it easier for foreign nationals to work in Germany.” Under the new system, the German government will implement its own variant of the U.S. Blue Card. This Opportunity Card will most likely have a point-based structure (similar to the Canadian PR system). This new development will make it easier for non-EU people (those who do not reside in Member nations of the European Union) to get a residency permit.
This draft will be presented in German Parliament in the upcoming session.
- An annual quota will be decided for the total number of people who will be allowed to enter Germany for a Job or training.
- These people will be allowed to work on this Visa. (In the case of an existing Job Seeker Visa or JSV, one cannot work while on JSV. One can only search for a job and then a visa needs to be converted into a work permit)
Of the following four conditions, at least three need to be fulfilled for being eligible to apply. All these factors have equal weightage.
- Be younger than 35 years of age,
- Have a recognized degree or professional qualification,
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of professional experience, and
- Be able to demonstrate either proficiency in the German language or have lived in Germany in the past.
The Labour Minister also added in an interview later: “This is about qualified immigration, an unbureaucratic process, and that’s why it’s important that we say that those who have the opportunity card can earn a living while they are here.”
The i-Pro Edu Nashik is one such center that provides training for these German Language Proficiency Exams. You can visit our Website for further details about the courses.