Indian students who dream of becoming successful doctors need quality MBBS. MBBS is an undergraduate degree, and the full form of this degree is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It is the basic degree that all medical students should pass before specialising in any medical field. Once students qualify for MBBS, they will be recognized as medical practitioners.
Details on the eligibility criteria to clear MBBS in India
Aspirants who want to take admission in MBBS in India need to understand the eligibility criteria.
- Students should have passed the 12th standard from any recognized Board in India.
- Students should have acquired a minimum percentage of 50% in the 12th standard.
- Aspirants need to sit for entrance examination NEET UG.
- The entire course duration is 5.5 years, including Academics 4.5 years and internship 1 year.
Eligibility criteria to clear MBBS in India
- Students need to complete the 12th standard from a recognized board.
- The minimum score should be 50%
- The age should be 17 years, and the maximum age should be 25 years.
- Students need to appear for the entrance exam and language test.
- The course duration varies country-wise. It can be a 5 or 5.5 or 6 years course, including an internship.
Is it worth studying MBBS abroad?
Many aspirants have the misconception that taking admission to foreign colleges can be a good option. But, as per experts, if students are capable of getting an allotment in the Government College, they should not opt for foreign colleges.
Again, if students are looking to take admission to private colleges, it will always be wise to opt for foreign colleges. While you take admission in a foreign college, it gives you more flexibility to practice in your domestic or foreign country.